Saturday, February 04, 2006

Silent battles & huge dustballs

Am having a conversation with myself, whether to eat kim chi flavoured instant noodles. Have not had those for ages. I love noodles. I did not even know myself till someone pointed it out to me that for almost every meal (when I first started my new job) that I would order noodle-related food. Who can resist hokkien mee, bah chor mee with extra hum (cockles), chilli, vinegar with chor bee hoon, char kway teow, laksa, lor mee, meesiam, mee rebus, mee goreng*. Most recently in Shanghai, it has been restricted to ramen and fried spring onion oil mixed noodles. Sidenote: Mom says noodles here taste different because they don't put ghee in their mixture.

(1 hour of silent mind boggling arguments later, noodles eaten, stomach bloated)

What tipped the scale?
Ans: Ikan bilis aka fried anchovies!!!

Now I just need a cuppa of expresso to help me shit so that I can still fit into that cheongsam next week.

P.S. Everything in italics is coincidentally what I'm gonna gobble up when I return to SG in 2 weeks. Note to all friends that expensive meals are not necessary, just search for the best of the above and bring me there. That's how easy I am *ROFL*

I also just learnt that expresso helps in digestion so would appreciate it if you force feed me those and drink one yourselves so that we can get high from caffeine and find a clean place to poop. That's what friends are for, through the good times and all the shit that follows. Literally.


...

Three arms stretched out in the cold air trying to use our palms to catch falling snowflakes.

"They look like huge dustballs." mom said. That's my mom.

I could not quite figure out if she wanted to sweep them up or was just simply in awe.

Too bad I couldn't take nice pics of snowflakes, they were almost like styrofoam or foam bubbles I used to see at Tanglin Mall every Christmas. Clearly seeing how wind directions were flowing; sometimes upwards, sometimes sideways, twirling and circling. Simply magical. Glorious sight to wake up to.

Mood: Sanguine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home