Monday, September 26, 2005

Revelations

I learnt that nature has many colours and that my art teachers were all wrong to fail me at art. The sun can be orange, red, yellow, magenta. The morning sky can be blue, green, yellow all at once. The night sky can be a deep murky red when you're in a city.

I learnt it's not about finding the right gender, it's about finding the right partner to fall in love with.

I learnt that I cringe at buying leather, but still eat beef for lunch if nothing else looks appetizing.

I learnt that even in Aussie, I still cannot get away from PRCs.

I learnt that my parents have a will during a phone conversation in my last night in Thailand. Sounds morbid, but I'm relieved they do.

I learnt that a friendly voice or familiar face can make all the difference on a 14 day business trip with no weekends.

I learnt that young people in Sydney have difficulty affording a home. We have more in common about what to gripe about the government than we think we do.

I learnt that I almost forgot how it was like to have someone say "How are you?", "Sorry, didn't mean to bump into you", "Have a nice day!".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh so much philosophy

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you, Ms Yan? Have a lovely day! I see travel gets you at your introspective best - write more lei! Today's post was a top 100 one (within your site that is - in case you get too big headed about this).

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home