Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Unphotographable

Always found taking potraits of other people intrusive, in my mind I'm trying to capture abit of their lives, hoping to conjure some story. There are also times where some moments are completely unphotographable. For me it would be those who live on the edges of polite society. The child who sells packets of tissue at the hawker centre; the lady with skin disease with clumps of hair still attached on her scalp begging for money at the corner of xiangyang and shaanxi road; the bow legged boy who gets on cautiously on the train to sell maps with his mother, both from out of town. I cannot meet their eyes, because I feel self-loathing that life is so unequally distributed, and even more so when thoughts of withholding money from them cross my mind as I assume they are from an organization that controlled their livelihoods. What good can I do? The money will not reach them anyway.

***

Photographable....at Shanghai Botanicals.


quiet time


bubble siblings


Lines on her face, stories to tell


pink pride


family time


companionship


stare what stare!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home