Thursday, November 01, 2007

Landing from the clouds

Glad to be home. Three days seemed too long especially when I am snivelling and having headaches from altitude.

After this experience, I am never getting on a plan with a flu. When the altitude falls, insides of your skull feels as if it is crushed and forming tiny cracks all along your face. Maybe it is all the CSI, as it happened to me I imagined them doing an autopsy on me and saying that the blocked nose created a huge air bubble in my head that burst all the blood arteries.

For some reason, mortality is hanging on my mind. I am acutely aware that at any moment, anyone or I could die. Passing away in dramatic, in inane, in calm, in mysterious, in knowing, in anticipation of the day you do. I think about all the people I love and I wonder if I have spent enough time with them.

A series of decisions I have made in the past few months have been the outcome of these thoughts. Having my dad stay for some months and traveling together instead of with friends ...I spent most of my teenage years wondering how happy I would be to live away from my family and get the freedom I want. I got it, am used to it and do not think I can ever go back living with my parents full time. But still for me, life isn't complete in Shanghai if I don't enjoy the rest of their healthy years with them.

As for friends, often I used to be upset with friends that are more than an hour late or always wait for you to contact them. This just shows you are not important to them, not worth their time. These people, you just gotto let go.

Evaluating mortality, probably one of the best way to prioritize;lwhich seems to be a revolving theme these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home