Friday, March 23, 2007

Purvis Street Chatter








After sending DL off to his India business trip it is crazy meeting people time.






First up, one of my favouritest persons LALA! featured here and as you can tell, she's terribly vain and full of herself to pose for the camera heh.







There's something that bugs me a little in all these meetups though...it's really tough to get people to talk about what truly matters to them or how they feel about their lives now. I suppose I'm a little too eager to catch up on the core of their lives, skipping on the inanities of new mobile phone models, quick catch up on who's working where etc. Inevitably, the Miss Moderator in me takes charge. Questions like "What in your life are you most satisfied with?" and "What would you most like to change in your life?" yields all expressions and pondering. Miss Moderator me, thinks nothing about how difficult such reflections are, because it's much easier to just carry on and about daily lives. And it's interesting that with the former question, most state their jobs giving them most/ least satisfaction. With it contributing much to ones self-confidence & esteem. The flip side though, is most of what they would like to change is doing something unrelated to their current jobs. What truly matters to them and gives them 'real' satisfaction is perhaps, still in a distance; jobs just temporarily fill that void (with the presence of realism of needing to survive). I guess it's just my belief that self-confidence should be tied as little as possible how one performs on a job. At some point it will threaten to usurp and consume all one's energies in which a job, is just one part of a full life.













For me, not having any major problems in every area of my life is a major satisfaction. Nowadays, the little things I leave till they reach 'critical point' before a spontaneous decision solves it in a snap - easy peasy *dusts hands* Another one is having all my friends (uni, ex-colleagues, friends I made in Shanghai) make time to see me whenever I'm back in Singapore...especially for this year, I can say with great pride that all of my secondary school friends are now a decade old!!! WOOOT!!! And for him, who washes away all the day´s weariness with a simple kiss or caress...

Hmm and what to change....maybe I'd change falling sick so much and a sick tummy. Trying to be less of a worry wart and stress myself too much about work as well. But as I´m still a work in progress, I´m sure there are many things to change as the year progresses...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home