Thursday, March 01, 2007

Happy 4th monthlyversary


In the past few years I have said to myself, the next time I am part of a couple, there will be no love-mushed brain. No way some guy is gonna have an effect on my work or other parts of my life.

I am proud to say my predictions are a half-truth. On one hand, I have evolved into a mushysmoochy genie whose words will liquify you into mush instantly upon hearing me speak in mushysmoochy tones.


On the flip side, there are little sleepless nights when he goes away (I concuss, wake up to find drool heh...okay not so romantic so I'll stop. yes, I do miss him terribly though) and I'm still who I am (sometimes I tend to do wot I think the other person would like me to do). It's also hard to find concrete reasons why I do love him (because someone keeps asking!). But I do.

Being with you feels so ordinary,
there is no ache when we are apart or skip in my heart or
churning in my tummy.

Everyday is so ordinary,
feels like living an ordinary life - walking the same streets to
work,
popping into regular restaurants during lunch,
sleeping at the sametime each night.

But if ordinary means,
neverending smiles by just looking at you,
delighting in silly-nonsensical conversations, rolling over to hug your
belly and savouring snugness;
then being ordinary is what it should be.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home