Friday, December 29, 2006

Losing friends to assumptions and principles

Losing a friend is harder than it is to lose a lover.

Granted I didn't choose the right time to tell you how I felt and have made a few insensitive remarks. But are you above all this too? How many times have I opened my home to you only to have you put me down and criticise it to others? When we were both emotional wrecks, never once did you ask how I felt. But this doesn't matter anymore, as we were both unaware how these remarks hurt the other. We are not mind readers and neither do we know each other for years to fathom a guess of how the other person feels. And as you and I know, masks are aplenty in our closetful of tricks we take out in our work and we inevitably bring them with us always.

And yes, I will stick to my 'principles' because that's who I am and defines me. Just like you choosing to put down your principles for the feelings of others. If I do give in, I believe a part of me will fall apart. Who am I then, who sways so easily to someone else's beat or whim?

Change happens if 1) i'm madly in love with a hot, intelligent guy who is rich and gonna marry me (even then i consider twice) 2) someone i've known for over 10 years 3) or under black magic.

I believe even more so for friends than lovers we don't choose and still feel for them the way we do. If I say I don't know why I love him, it's a freak phenomenon...the same applies for friends too. No matter how much they piss you off, you won't kick them in their faces or shit in their drink unless they sleep with your bf/ husband and kill your pet hamster. Even after all that, there's always your own money to go for plastic surgery to get back at the bastard and buy a new hamster :P

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home