Thursday, December 29, 2005

One of my oldest, most opposite of friends of whom I always share my encounters with guys and listen to her husband finding adventures with once asked me why I never write about the guys I meet. I don't want to lah...not that I meet many guys anyway and all harmless conversations, nothing juicy to entice you heh. Besides I hate girls who go on and on and on and on and on (you get the picture) about men and how they are nasty or shitty or gush over how sweet they are. Bah.

Recently though, I had my once-a-year-kindof-tryst (I hope this is not going to be so short term all the time). Instead of making it sound so sordid, I confess making a connection with someone. An excerpt with lovely Jas of what he's like went as follows...


"...one night just led to many more days and nights. He's really sweet to me, makes me breakfast, with him I feel young again. I can be 24 year old little girl. He doesn't feel he has an image to upkeep and is like a bumbling, awkward little boy and says all the wrong things at times. But we talk, listen and have many laughs. Have conversations where noone needs to be right 'cos he makes it lighthearted in the end."

The eventual leaving I can deal with, curtains have to be drawn on even to the best of shows, winter has to make way for spring. Again I'll be standing at the crossroads, all the memories will threaten to spill out but they are at the same time a anchor that stops me from saying anything; for fear that once anything is spoken, being overemotional would just mar all the other memories.

As I turn my back to hide all my tears, my heavy breaths will disappear with the winds and they will help me sing the song of sweet sorrow in their husky, soothing voices; sending you on your way on my behalf. Songs that sing to wish you never forget yourself, joy for life, happiness in your chosen path and contentment when you find it. Bye Something Stupid...

[Oversharing done. None of these mushy crap for a long time I hope.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home