Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Cycling milestone on a perfect weekend

Just two years ago I was cycling around my Liyuan road apartment carpark and trying not to fall, in hope that I will be able to explore Beijing on a bike on my impending holiday.

The past weekend literally whizzed past. On Sunday Sonia, Jorge, Carlos and I cycled from our apartments to french concession to view cats up for adoption (O' Malleys) and then brunch. Paul's smoked salmon, light cream cheese on grated potatoes was tangy and comforting at the same time. After that we had to work all that food off by cycling to Shaanxi road to take advantage of all the summer sales. Yes, summer sales are already here. Yaay! We ended off a perfect weekend by having dinner with Camillo where we explored compatibility of couples by reading their traditional chinese elements (where Carlos and I were full of fire!) and concept of happiness.

Best part is, I managed to stay cool on the bike through a surprise rainburst, through a busy street and bright headlights. So proud of myself!

This makes me look forward very much to cycling in Philippines next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home