Saturday, July 19, 2008

New meaning to black being classy

In another gloomy city of Weifang, second tier city in Shandong; you never see blue skies here the driver said. It's true, I observed on the road to Jinan airport, most were wearing dark colours. It brought me back to a moment when I was in Taiyuan, coal city where everyone was wearing indigo, black, grey - colours of charcoal and boring ink.

Call it strange but I actually linked these images to an article I read on Omiru about what clothes to splurge on and what not to. Bright, vibrant colours require more complicated dyes and thus are more expensive, the others are just faded. Noone can tell the dye quality of dark colours. Another way my mind works in explaining why two years ago I was wondering why we see people wearing colour in first tier cities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home