Saturday, April 16, 2005

Shanghai: Day 1

No. of toilet trips on the plane en-route to Shanghai: ZERO

Bad sitting near the window, but the view is great. As we touched down, the waves in the sea came to a standstill. I'd like to think they were looking up at me too, as in awe as I was.

First Shanghainese phrase I learnt: chiou buh lo (吃不下了)

I swear I must say this phrase with more firmness next time i go f0r dinner with dad's friends. Gastronomic Challenge. They stuff me like a goose about to be foie gras. Being ever polite, I obligingly continued to eat with enthusiasm enough to make a snail seem as if it was high.

No. of un-named rocker bear & hamster needed to thrash hotel room: 2

Here is the evidence:


Un-named rocker bear thrashing room Posted by Hello


Hamster peng san after unpacking Posted by Hello


No. of tired person: 1

Exhausted from packing, being disoriented isn't helping. I still feel in Singapore because I'm in a 'Chinese' place and people look trendy. Yet, intellectually I'm away from home. Far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home