Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Some 'exciting' events that happened

I'm careful how I title my post because what's exciting to me may not be exciting to others. As such, my ramblings today will be about cat saving escapade first. Very enthralling & exciting.

...

So. Cat Saving. As Glitzy has put it so aptly in her blog, I involved everyone who were my companions that night to saving a kiasi cat who was mewing for attention out of hunger (and of course kiasi-ness la). It was stuck in a hole in the wall of the drain (have to use your imagination for that).

To cut the long story short...

Hero of the night: Mr. Mano
Description: Kind gentleman who ochestrated rescue mission. From calling SPCA to getting ladder to offering to adopt the cat in case SPCA manages to capture it and decides to *gasp* put it down.

Sidekicks: Nini, Glitzy, Jo & I.
Description: Cheering Mr. Mano on + buying tuna to put on the ladder.

Villain(s) in diguises:
1. Kaypoh walker-byers who just gawk + chatter among themselves without offering help.

2. No common sense woman with bf who kept feeding tuna that we placed on the ladder to the kiasi kitty. Use your brain woman! The cat won't be attracted to the tuna on the ladder (hopefully reduce fear of big scary ladder + hopefully climb it) if you've already fed it! Felt like screaming at her, but had to restrain myself. Didn't want a second incident on hand.

Anyway it was a happy ending when the SPCA man came and said that the cat would be alright and had no danger of drowning in the drain. I must say he wasn't too patient in trying to capture kiasi though. Very unlike what I see on Animal Planet about animal rescue. But who am I to judge his methods, he's the 'expert'. I'll have to call Mr. Mano to get updates on kiasi though.

Cat joke that night:

Me: Mr Mano is insurance agent! I'll have to tell all my friends. If he's that nice to animals imagine how much more caring he will be to humans?

Jo: (Without missing a beat + deadpan expression) Especially if their name is Kathy

Geddit? Wah Piangz!

What's the other cat joke?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home