Sunday, March 13, 2005

Toiletbowl in mouth incident

So I attended a colleague's wedding today and my friends & I were trying our hardest to avoid this auntie-colleague-major gossiper. There's just this unspoken quality that makes her gossip sound mean. But as luck would have it we ended up in the same table. So the rest of the lunch reception was spend making mundane small talk openly while discreetly whispering our personal small talk. Was particularly irritated she tried to join our conversations. Fastforward to the last dish of the day, colleague 1 & I went to the toilet and came out speaking about some conversations we had at the table just now. Usually I'm very careful when I speak in toilets (after watching countless boo-boos in movies), but today I HAD to throw caution into the wind of all days.

Conversation (loosely translated from mandarin)

Me: I'm sure Auntie Gossip was laughing at me when I said I wanted to marry David Tao.

Colleage #1: Hiya...she's like that. Only know how to make small talk by joining other people's conversations abruptly.

*toilet flush* As Colleage #1 turns her back, as I catch a glimpse of Auntie Gossip coming out.

OOOOHHHHH! We didn't really say anything really mean, but it almost made me jump out of my skin with guilt. We spent a few minutes laughing and conjuring our escape after this slightly embarrassing incident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home