Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Passion at the back of a jeepney

At the back of a jeepney half-filled with bags of charcoal, wood and 'mystery'bags; in the heart of Nusugbu, just two hours away from Manila. She was sitting directly opposite me as we scrambled on the back of the jeepney before it drove away with our guts. While her companion was cheekily glancing at me from behind her, she remained aloof, insistent on gracing me with only a side of her, dark chocolate hair wispily falling around her melon-seed like chin and matching eyes. The sharp chin held such strong-willed defiance, there was not a part of me that wished to be fixated on another. Then a sudden stop, a small joke out of miscommunication, broke my unrequited fixation. For once the grin I gave was not reciprocatory from one stranger to another. My smile was equally shy. She had that effect on me.

Then, in sync with a bump of the jeepney, I fell back in love with life again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home