Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Vege price hike alert

Before anyone says I have plunged into the depths of auntie-hood, I have not.

The story goes that in my bid to eat healthily, I went to get myself some vege at the local supermarket which usually gives me a 'buy 1, get 1 free deal'. Today when I asked her about it, she replied in a regretful tone 'You know, vege prices have all risen. If there was a promotion, I would have told you already'. Now that I recall, long beans and some other vege were inflated by 2-3RMB.

To be honest, I don't really feel the pinch, but I was shocked by the news. Although I had read about the vege price hike due to the recent snowstorm; it does not get any more real than this. Imagine this adding on to food transport woes.

Japan is not spared my the recent cold in the atmosphere as well (Shanghai is just 2 hours away).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home